More Belotero!

27 Feb

Belotero: The Buzz.

Belotero has been my #1 selling injectable since it has been on the market (September). It gets into the small little lines that no other product really can with the natural result that Belotero offers.

The procedure I do the most? Under the eyes! It literally takes 10 years off your face! I might not be able to take away sleepless nights and stress, but at least I can make it look like I did by improving Under Eye Circles and Bags! I’m so thrilled with this product I did my own under eyes (called the tear trough). December was so busy and stressful, I was looking really tired. I did my under eyes about a year ago with Juvéderm, but Belotero is much better designed product for this area (read why below).

Do you see how tired I look? (I hate sharing before pictures of myself with no makeup!)

A little numbing cream is put under the eye for about 20 minutes. Then the numbing cream is removed and the face is marked for anatomical landmarks. This is just how I mark the face. Other injectors might do it differently. I am also aware I need an eyelash fill REAL bad.

Looks so much better after!!! It didn’t bruise or hurt at all!

Look at my dark circles. They are TOTALLY gone. I swear I have NO advanced computer knowledge what-so-ever. These are straight off my phone!

Belotero vs. Juvéderm vs. Restylane

Why do I like Belotero under the eyes more than other Hyaluronic Acid (HA) products? Belo doesn’t have any hydrophilic effects (hydrophilic = attracts water molecules). Plus or minus a little bit of swelling, the correction looks the same the next day, the next week, and the next month.

Juvéderm and Restylane are also in the HA family, but have a hydrophilic effect. This means the product will take on water molecules after it is injected, giving the area treated more correction over the next few days to weeks. Great for your lips and cheeks. Not great in the ultra thin skin under the eye. When this area is over treated you will see a bump or a bluish hue from the product. It’s not pretty. But it can be dissolved!  Hyaluronidase; Just In Case: injectables for beginners..

I also like Belotero because the product is thinner, which means it can be deposited in more superficial areas with a smaller needle and less pokes! Yay!

**Remember though: It’s the right product for the right place for the right person! Discuss which product is right for you and why during a consultation!  For more general information on which product is right for you What Goes Where?

More Before and After Pictures

The above patient had 0.2cc of Belotero to her tear trough area. It was two injections. The patient stated she did not even feel it (topical numbing cream was used prior to injection). The patient experienced no bruising associated with the procedure.

The above patient is a good candidate for filler in this area because the dark circles under her eyes are accentuated by a shadowing effect from volume loss. By replacing volume, the skin of the eye and cheek become more continuous as opposed to separate.

The above patient had 0.3cc of Belotero to her tear trough area. Topical numbing cream was used prior to injection, and there was no pain associated with the treatment. The patient experienced minor bruising the day after the injection which was easily covered with make-up.

The above patient would be a good candidate for a blepharoplasty. Although there is a clear demarcation of her tear trough, and filler drastically improved the area, the root cause of the delineation is not so much volume loss as it is a herniated fat pad. This fat pad is supposed to cushion the eye as it sits in the eye socket. Numerous causes contribute to the pad “bulging” out.

Interested in learning more about blephs?  Read Why I Chose To Have an Eyelid Lift.

The above patient had 1cc (1 syringe) of Belotero to her superficial marionette lines with great improvement to the texture of her skin. Topical numbing cream was used. The patient did experience some minimal bruising the day after the procedure. She is very happy with the outcome.

XOXO, LK

Above picture:

2 months after my Belotero treatment

3 days into the annual Cutera Conference in Las Vegas (so, I haven’t slept in 3 days)

1 week post break-up with my boyfriend

And still looking refreshed! Thanks Belo! Qué Bella!

(that’s Spanish I think…)

Advertisements

19 Responses to “More Belotero!”

1. Megan February 27, 2013 at 8:09 am #

It has been well over a year since my under eyes have been done. I need this!!!!!! Bad!!!!!

2. christa May 3, 2013 at 11:42 am #

hey did you have bruising the next day ? Im thinking about getting this done next Monday will I be ready by Wednesday?

3. drmhclaser May 28, 2013 at 3:51 am #

Nice job!

4. Juvederm Florida November 14, 2013 at 1:41 am #

It shows great result.is there any consequences?

5. Becky Tirey June 8, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

Is Belotero dissolvable in case over injection? I’m thinking about having this done in my vertical lip lines, but the are very minimal – they bug me, but probably no one else notices, so I don’t want to screw it up!! I leave for a big trip 7 days after a Clear + Brilliant treatment an potential Belotero

6. Becky Tirey June 8, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

Thanks! One more Q. I have no fat in my lower eyes, but some thin sagging skin. I will be doing upper and lower bleph, but am contemplating doing a filler to hold me over. Will Belotero fill it naturally? I don’t have bags and am having a hard time finding that specific answer. Again, I’m a big believer in doing it before it is obvious you need it…but still natural, so I’m my own worst critic.

7. Laura August 29, 2014 at 6:23 pm #

Thank you for sharing your story! I am 34 and my eyes are sinking in and I am losing volume in my face. Do excited to give belotero a shot!

8. mari November 6, 2014 at 12:00 am #

I’m.noticing wrinkles/crepiness/slight bagginess under nybeyes inky when I smile. When I don’t smile I have the faintest of fine lines. Would Belotero work for me? I’m starting to hate smiling 😦

• bostonbeautyblog November 18, 2014 at 8:03 am #

Don’t hate smiling! It sounds like what we call a “jelly roll” that occurs under the eye only when smiling. Super easy fix with a few units of Botox! Also, drink some water, get a good eye cream (I use Skinceuticals AOX eye gel), and check out my new video blog on tear trough augmentation. I demonstrate how to know if you need Belotero!

• Mari November 18, 2014 at 8:15 am #

Thanks so much for the reply!! OK so botox for what I’m describing not belotero… Will check out your video blog to.understand why. I have heard about the eye cream you use. I’m currently using La Roche Posay Redermic-R. Thoughts on that cream?

• bostonbeautyblog November 18, 2014 at 8:20 am #

When it comes to skincare products, I only use medical. It really is worth seeing a medical aesthetician to be put on the right product for your skin. You will save a lot of money in the long run.

• Mari November 18, 2014 at 10:20 am #

You are awesome! So happy I found your blog

• bostonbeautyblog November 18, 2014 at 3:56 pm #

Thanks Mari! Feel free to share it!

9. Kristin Clay January 10, 2015 at 2:12 pm #

I absolutely love your work. A few of your posts came up on realself website and so I began following you and have totally been impressed. I am planning on getting my tear trough filled with Belotero in the immediate future. I wish I lived anywhere near you!!

• bostonbeautyblog January 30, 2015 at 11:26 pm #

Thank you Kristin. I love Belotero. I’m working on a post on tear troughs gone wrong. It should be up soon. Good Luck! You will love it! Just remember less is more!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks